domingo, 28 de abril de 2013

Day 0.

     Did you ever feel so bombarded with new feelings and sensations you just burst into tears? I did.

The maginificence of what I am going through can not be described with banal words.I look outside my hotel window and I feel like a baby entering an unknown world. Everything amazes me, the lights of the buildings, the extremely hot temperature, the culture.. I feel butterflies in my belly, I am totally overwhelmed... 
Leaving my familiy and my friends behind wasn't a piece of cake. Seldom had I felt so home-sick. However, the more I picture myself playing in the garden with my brother, the more I convince myself this was the right choice. The purpose of this blog ins't to convince people to adventure themselves in a trip but to tell everyone my astonishing and tought-provoking experience. 

I left Montevideo on the 29th February 2010, my flight took off at 3 am that same day. I ovbiously didn't get a wink of sleep that night, my excitement and anxiety were stronger than me. I spent the hole night staring at the roof, examining every single problem that could show up and how would I tackle it. As you can see, I am a pretty preventive person. Suddendly, my alarm went on,  finally, the moment had arrived, it was 2.30. I took a cab and with the security and confidence every man has when he is leaving his own country I told the the cab-driver : 'To the airport..'

My seat was number 27B , next to me sat an old lady and a young boy. The captain told us the safety instructions and a we took off. I fell asleep really quickly and when I woke up the old lady told me the plane had flown over amazing landscapes and that she had taken photos of them. Had I known I was going to miss seeing that kind of paradises I would haver never closed my eyes.. Mountains, rivers, rivers between mountains.. When I finished looking at those incandescent pictures I heard the low voice of the captain : ' We are a few minutes away from our destination, please fasten your seat-belts'.. I buckled up and hoped for the best (p.s : I am kind of scared of landings, I always feel we are going to crash.)

I left the airport my suitcase on one hand and my 'mate' on the other. The moment I stepped outside the airport I realized I was a foreigner. Everything was new, everything amazed me.. A strange sensation of well-being invaded my body. I thought one last time about the people I had left behind in Uruguay and then I realized: there was no other place in the world I would rather be than here, all alone, staring at the most populated city of India: Mumbai.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario